Public Health Scotland has developed a learning hub to increase awareness of weight stigma, its impact as well as to explore possible solutions on what can be done.
– Describe what weight stigma means, and the effects it can have.
– Describe how weight stigma undermines public health efforts to address obesity/higher weight.
– Introduce approaches that address weight stigma and improve outcomes for individuals with higher weight.
– Guide on how to have good conversations about higher weight and behaviour change.
– Provide opportunities for personal reflections that enable practice improvement.
Back to Database