Together with EuroHealthNet partners the German Federal Centre for Health Education (BZgA), French National Public Health Agency (Santé publique France) and the Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), EuroHealthNet organised a workshop on Developing Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Best Practice Portals on 11-12 June 2019. The workshop was kindly hosted by the BZgA in Cologne and was open to experts in the field. The workshop focused on:
- Sharing the various approaches currently used for developing best practice portals and discussing their successes and challenges.
- Discussing the assessment criteria for evaluating best practices, including how to make the portal inclusive while maintaining high quality.
- Addressing issues of evidence, including how core elements of effective interventions are identified. Discussing scalability and replicability of best practices, and how to organize information on ‘what works’ in health promotion by theme and target group.
- Exchanging ideas for stimulating the use and promotion of best practice portals and their associated interventions.
- Addressing the user experience from both the intervention owner and public health worker perspectives.
- Exploring added value of joint European approaches.
Back to Database