Tackling health inequalities in a public health organisation: the case of the Barcelona Public Health Agency
The Agency of Public Health Barcelona (ASBP), which is responsible for the public health functions of the city of Barcelona, Spain, have published a study “Tackling health inequalities in a public health organization: the case of the Barcelona Public Health Agency.” The public health body launched a strategy to improve the approach to tackling health inequalities in all its services. This paper was published with the aim to show how social health inequalities were addressed in the ASPB from 2017 to 2019 and to describe which actions were proposed after a participatory process aiming to create a plan to systematically incorporate health inequalities in ASPB actions to address health inequalities.
The outcomes of this study resulted in seven action points:
- to make progress in collaborative networking;
- to promote policy evaluation;
- to increase the ability of the ASPB to evaluate policies to reduce health inequalities;
- to incorporate the axes of inequalities in all ASPB products;
- to improve information on vulnerable groups;
- to incorporate the gender perspective; and
- to participate in an internal training plan to address health inequalities.
Find the full study and further information here.
Back to Database