Public Health Regulation Department of Malta
The Public Health Regulation Department of Malta is responsible:
- to develop and implement strategies to promote and improve public health;
- issue standards for public health;
- licence health care service and diagnostic facilities;
- regulate health care professions;
- advise the Minister responsible for Health on matters regarding public health;
- ensure that the regulatory functions emanating from law are properly discharged;
- carry out any other function emanating from national legislation.
The Department gives direction to the directorates falling within the Department including the Environmental Health Directorate, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Directorate and the Health Care standards Directorate.
Back to Database