Healthy Ireland Strategic Action Plan 2021-2025
The Healthy Ireland Strategic Action Plan 2021-2025 provides a clear roadmap of how the Irish government and health services can work together to bring about good health, access to services, healthy environments, and the promotion of resilience and to ensure that everyone can enjoy physical and mental, health and wellbeing, to their full potential.
The Healthy Ireland (HI) Framework aims to:
• bring a concerted focus on life-longwellbeing, prevention of illness
• seeks to reduce health inequalities
• address the settings in which healthand wellbeing is impacted, and
• emphasise the need to empower people and communities to better look after their own health and wellbeing.
Following Phase 1 (2013-2020), the strategic action plan moves to Phase 2 focusing on 6 main themes throughout the duration of 2021-2025;
- Theme 1 Governance and Policy
Theme 2 Partnerships and Cross-Sectoral Work
Theme 3 Empowering People and Communities
Theme 4 Sláintecare Health Reform
Theme 5 Research, Evidence, Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
Theme 6 Reducing Health Inequalities
Back to Database