This strategy outlines joint development work, objectives and priority areas until 2030. The aim is to prevent and reduce the risks, harms and problems caused by the use of alcohol, tobacco and nicotine products as well as drug use and gambling in all age groups.
The Substance Abuse and Addiction Strategy has the following five priorities:
- strengthening the rights of people suffering from substance abuse or experiencing addiction-related harm who are covered by substance abuse services, as well as the rights of those close to them;
- strengthening cooperation, information flow, expertise and knowledge base;
- intensifying alcohol, tobacco and nicotine, drug and gambling policy measures;
- ensuring the quality, accessibility and availability of both preventive work and substance abuse and addiction services;
- ensuring cooperation and expertise at the Government level to address substance abuse and addictions.
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs and gambling in Finland – Background report for the Substance Use and Addiction Strategy (Discussion Paper 4/2021, In Finnish) is available here.
- Action Plan on Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs and Gambling – Interim evaluation and measures to be intensified until 2025 (Ministry of Social Affairs and Health reports and memorandums 2021: 13, In Finnish) is available here.
Back to Database