SOSTE, the Finnish Social and Health Association (Finnish: Suomen sosiaali ja terveys ry) is a nationwide umbrella organisation that brings together more than 230 social and health organisations and several dozen other co-operation members.
Together with its member organisations , SOSTE is a courageous influencer and expert that builds the conditions for social well-being and health, opportunities for participation, and a fair and responsible society.
The purpose of SOSTE at regional, national and European levels is to:
- Function as an expert and advocate for social and health politics
- Function as a not-for-profit organisation building the conditions for social well-being and health, people’s participation and a just and responsible society individually and in cooperation with its member organisations and other parties
- Enhance the ability of registered social and health non-governmental organisations to operate in the best interests of the people
- Promote social well-being and health
- Build social justice and equity
- Strengthen people’s fundamental rights and possibilities for participation and involvement
Back to Database