EU Strategy and Recommendation for child rights and wellbeing
The EU Commission has adopted the first comprehensive EU Strategy on the Rights of the Child, as well as a proposal for a Council Recommendation establishing a European Child Guarantee, to promote equal opportunities for children at risk of poverty or social exclusion. EU funding to support these actions is available under the European Social Fund Plus (ESF+) as well as the European Regional Development Fund, InvestEU, and the Recovery and Resilience Facility. The Strategy has six thematic areas with multiple proposed actions including around health, wellbeing and nutrition:
- Children as agents of change in democratic life
- The right of children to realise their full potential no matter their social background
- The right of children to be free from violence
- The right of children to child-friendly justice
- The right of children to safely navigate the digital environment and harness its opportunities.
- The rights of children across the globe
The EU Strategy on the Rights of the Child by the EU Commission is available here.
The proposal for a Council Recommendation establishing a European Child Guarantee is available here.
Back to Database