ECDC data on country response measures to COVID-19
The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) have published data from selected national public response measures presented in the weekly report COVID-19 country overviews. The response measures displayed are national measures, reported on official public websites.
Response measures collected include
- mass gathering cancellations (for specific events or a ban on gatherings of a particular size);
- closure of public spaces (including restaurants, entertainment venues, non-essential shops, partial or full closure of public transport etc.);
- closure of educational institutions (including daycare or nursery, primary schools, and secondary schools and higher education);
- ‘stay-at-home’ recommendations for risk groups or vulnerable populations (such as the elderly, people with underlying health conditions, physically disabled people etc.);
- ‘stay-at-home’ recommendations for the general population (which are voluntary or not enforced); and
- ‘stay-at-home’ orders for the general population (these are enforced and also referred to as ‘lockdown’),
- use of protective masks in public spaces/on public transport (mutually exclusive voluntary recommendations and mandatory obligations shown separately) and also
- teleworking recommendations/closure of workplaces.
Find the dataset here.
Back to Database