EU’s Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) is managed and funded at European level from the resources of the EU’s budget. CAP is a partnership between agriculture and society, and between Europe and its farmers. It aims to:
- support farmers and improve agricultural productivity, ensuring a stable supply of affordable food;
- safeguard European Union farmers to make a reasonable living;
- help tackle climate change and the sustainable management of natural resources;
- maintain rural areas and landscapes across the EU;
- keep the rural economy alive by promoting jobs in farming, agri-foods industries and associated sectors.